Code of Ethics
The purpose of the Code of Ethics is to assist Animal Communicators maintain their professionalism and adhere to high ethical standards of conduct when providing services to clients and in dealing with colleagues and the public. We are dedicated to keeping our connection with the animals pure and authentic. As part of this training program it is required to adhere to this Code of Ethics as a condition of certification.
- I will serve my clients with love and compassion, integrity, objectivity in a professional and non-judgmental way.
- I will represent the field of Animal Communication with integrity and professionalism with my clients, colleagues, and the general public.
- I assist the animals in expressing their voice, providing a safe and nurturing environment for all so truth can be shared.
- I will only accept consultations for which I possess the requisite experience and competence to perform.
- Before accepting any consultation, I will ensure that I have worked with my client to establish a mutual understanding of the objectives, scope of work, and fee arrangements.
- I understand I can only engage in communications with animals whose guardians have given their direct permission.
- When called to consult with an animal concerning a physical problem, I make it clear that I do not diagnose or prescribe medication. I recommend that my clients seek diagnosis and treatment from a veterinarian and other qualified professionals. I can assist my client by helping him/her to understand the experience of the animal’s own body by relaying the animal’s description of physical feelings, sensations, and level of existing pain and any emotional upset that might be contributing to the physical problem. At no time is this information meant to be a replacement for traditional veterinary medical care or a medical diagnosis for illness or injury.
- I am clear about identifying communication that comes from the animal and that which comes from my intuition and experience. I discipline myself to know the difference and represent each as such.
- I understand that it is also my responsibility to utilize both the communication received from the animal and the client. A realistic plan of action is developed (using both perspectives) for the resolution of perceived problems. Actions taken as a result of the consultation are the sole responsibility and liability of the guardian of the animal. I release the implementation and outcome of the plan to the guardian.
- I respect the privacy of the people and the animal companions I work with and honor their desire for confidentiality. Data will not be shared outside the scope of educational and research purposes.
- Permission for release of information other than for educational and research purposes must be obtained from the client.
- I will offer to withdraw from a consulting assignment when I believe my objectivity or integrity may be impaired.
- As an Animal Communicator, I recognize the importance of and will maintain the highest level of commitment to:
- Professional excellence
- Technical skills
- Continuing education
- Pure intention
- Personal growth
- Spiritual growth
The Code of Ethics is recognized and acknowledged as one of the cornerstones of The HeartTalk Program®. The Code will be enforced by investigating complaints of violations and by taking disciplinary action, including revocation of certification if warranted. This is done in the best interests of all Certified Animal Communicators and their clients.